I am very excited to bring to you the second annual 12 Days of Christmas. This project began last year as a last-minute gift idea guide and because it was so successful it started this very blog you are reading now! I will feature 12 different holiday gift ideas and/or recipes with instructions. I hope you enjoy them and are inspired. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Hannah and Harley.
This is one of those recipes that turned out better than expected! There are those recipes that look great, but for whatever reason don’t turn out so good. There are those easy recipes that look easy. And then there are those recipes that look great and taste better than they look. This is a simple and easy to make recipe for cranberry caramel Chex Mix.
Here’s What You Need:
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 1 1/2 cup honey roasted nuts
- 1 1/2 cups twisted pretzels
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups craisins
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms or chocolate chips
Here’s What You Do:
- Mix cereals, nuts and pretzels in a large bowl.
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, add brown sugar, butter and Karo syrup and microwave for 2 minutes until melted, stirring well after 1 minute.
- Add baking soda to the caramel sauce and mix well.
- Pour sauce over cereal mixture and mix gently until cereal is completely coated.
- Pour coated cereal mixture onto a jelly roll pan and bake at 250 degrees for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and add raisins and M&Ms
You can find the original recipe here. It’s from myblessedlife.net.