I’m not sure if this could be actually called a salad. It’s debatable. Maybe. But, if you like berries this is a recipe for you!
Here’s What You Need:
- 6 oz of organic blueberries
- 6 oz of organic blackberries
- 6 oz of organic raspberries
- 6 oz of organic strawberries (I like strawberries so I used a whole container and cut the strawberries in fourths.)
- 1/4 cup mint flakes (The recipe I was using called for fresh mint leaves chopped. Yep. Seriously. I don’t live in an area where fresh mint leaves are readily available. If they were, I would have found them at the three stores I went to looking for them. Instead, I purchased some chopped mint leaves from the spice section at Kroger.)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
Here’s What You Do:
- Prepare and clean the berries as you normally do any fruit.
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl, preferably a bowl or container with a lid.
- Gently shake the bowl to mix.
- Let it cool in the fridge for a few hours
This is a great and healthy summer treat. The beauty of recipes like this is that you make it to your own liking. I added a little extra sugar and didn’t put as much mint in my berry salad.
Also, let me save you from the trouble. Go organic on this recipe. It’s a little more pricy, but the difference in taste is well worth it.
It will be hit! I promise. I made the recipe three times before I was able to photograph it! The first two versions were gobbled up by co-workers (myself included).
This is a recipe from Whole Foods Market, and not my own. You can find a link to it here.